Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fast Farm Market Food

I got up around 7-7:30 today in order to get to the Farm Market before I had to work at 10:30. I think I just about broke my record for farm market runs. I left for the farm market at 9, arrived ten minutes later, and was home by 9:40. That was with buying spinach, grapefruit, kiwi, fresh mint, organic scallions, and the first strawberries and radishes of the season, and saying "hello" to Rose, Khai, Craig, and their dog Toby, who were also shopping at the Farm Market. (Rose finally told me what she got me for my birthday - the new Disney movie Tangled. Hopefully, she'll have a chance to get it over here sometime in the near future. Not to mention, I haven't seen her in the two weeks since we went down to Mom's.)

The weather helped. It was cloudy, cool, and humid. It wasn't raining this morning, but it did spit a little. The farm market was busy, but not quite as elbow-to-elbow as last week. The weather also kept yard sales at bay. I only saw one sign for a yard sale in Oaklyn, and that was probably for the one on the end of Manor Avenue that usually only has trinkets.

I was off to work a half-hour later. Work was quiet when I came in and steady when I left...but when the rain finally arrived around 1PM, so did the crowds. We did have plenty of help to deal with them this time, though. Other than I had no relief and was almost late shutting down due to a long line, there were no major problems.

Went straight home after work. I changed into regular clothes, grabbed my purse, and headed right back out again. I skipped going to the bank earlier, but I really did need to deposit my paycheck. It started showering again while I was out walking. The rain was gone by the time I finished with the ATM machine, but I wasn't going to chance the weather further.

Worked on last month's budget, then had dinner. Ran episodes of Good Eats while enjoying a wonderful spring meal - Lamb Chops in Blackberry-Mint Sauce (it was supposed to be apricot, but I used the last of the blackberry spread instead), Spinach Salad with mushrooms, scallions, and radishes, with Strawberries over Chiffon Cake for dessert.

No comments: