Sunday, May 01, 2011

Recovering From the Weekend

I'm still tired from my eight hour shifts this weekend and didn't do a lot today. I made French Toast for breakfast while listening to Brunch With the Beatles. "The Beatles and Other British Revolution Bands" was the theme today. They ran Beatles songs from 1964 and '65, along with other bands from across the pond that debuted around the same time. My favorite of what I heard was Peter and Gordon's "World Without Love."

Called Mom after I finished my French Toast. She was quite happily home alone this morning. Keefe was out with his girlfriend Vicki...and Dad was just out. She told me she did finally find something to do with those sweet rolls I made that came out badly. With sugar, eggs, milk, wheat germ, and spices added and cut into bits, they apparently made a wonderful bread pudding that the boys couldn't get enough of.

Headed to work about ten minutes after getting off the phone with Mom. Work was busy for most of the afternoon. Unlike earlier in the weekend, we had plenty of help. My relief was on time, and everyone was in a good mood. There were no problems getting in or out.

After I went home, I went straight upstairs, changed out of my uniform, grabbed my purse and a sweater, and went right back out again. I needed to use the ATM machine at PNC Bank for my paycheck. Besides, it wasn't a bad day. It was windy and cloudy, but much warmer than I thought it would be.

I spent the rest of the evening reading, eating leftovers for dinner, and making granola bars. Listened to The Dress Circle after dinner. Broadway shows that debuted in May were spotlighted tonight. We heard songs from Damn Yankees, The Pajama Game, a hilarious cut number from Mame, the recent revival of 110 In the Shade, the lesser-known Rogers and Hammerstein musical Me and Juliet, Richard Rodgers' last musical I Remember Mama, and the original Ethel Merman Gypsy.

No comments: