Monday, May 23, 2011

Miss Redmer and the Spring Baking Day

I slept in this morning after staying up somewhat late last night. No matter. The weather was a bit weird again. It was cloudy when I finally got up around 9:30. It was cool, not as cool as yesterday but more than usual for this time of year, but it was also humid as heck.

First on deck after breakfast was laundry. I made a little mistake there. I always put the dryer sheets in the bag with the laundry; easier to carry that way on the bike. I sorta forgot to take it out when I loaded the laundry in the washing machine. Yep, my dryer sheets and box got washed. It was a mess of cardboard bits and sheets. I'm glad I managed to clear it out before the old lady who owned the place really noticed. On the upside, my laundry now smells fresher and feels softer than usual.

When I got home, I put the laundry away, then had Peanut Butter and Plum Butter on home-made Oatmeal Bread and a salad for lunch. After I finished, I headed out for today's walk and an errand-run to CVS. I really needed contact lens solution.

It was much warmer by this point, about 2:30. The sun was in and out, and would continue to be so for the rest of the day. The humidity felt worse, too. I was sweating buckets by the time I made it to CVS. I though of getting some other things I needed there, like a new brush (I don't like the too-thick bristles on the one I got from Dollar Tree) or rubber bands, but I decided to save my money.

Spent the rest of the afternoon at home. I swept the porch again. I'm hoping getting rid of the big green fuzzies will let side of the porch that faces my bedroom dry better. It's supposed to get warmer later this week, so I took advantage of the comparatively cooler day to bake Orange Muffins and Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. I watched Psych, The Bowery Boys, and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

No comments: