Monday, May 09, 2011

A Place For Everything, and Everything In Its Place

After I came home from work yesterday tired, sleeping in was mandatory. I wasn't working until 5, and I had nothing that needed to be done right away. I slept until 9 and didn't get out to doing the laundry until 11:30.

Unlike past weeks, the laundromat was very busy when I came in. I did still get a washer and a dryer with no problems. I'm just glad someone had the sense to change the TV to the news and Who Wants to Be a Millionare?, instead of the awful reality show about housewives that usually runs around noon on Channel 3. What do people see in that junk?

I put the laundry away as soon as I got home. I had a leftover chicken burger, spinach salad, and an orange for lunch, then went for a walk to WaWa for milk and a pretzel. It was too nice to be inside all day. The weather the last few days has been as perfect as it gets in Southern New Jersey - sunny, breezy but not too windy, and just warm enough to be comfortable without sweating to death.

I saw quite a few people out and about. Lots of people were working on gardens or mowing lawns. Kids walking home from school lingered to chat with friends. Parents pushed younger children in strollers or followed them as they rode their bikes and scooters. There were dog-walkers and bikers and motorcyclists.

When I came back to the apartment, I worked on spring cleaning. Fitting my new records on the crate-shelves with the others required some re-organizing. I moved half of my books on entertainment to the white plastic shelves, freeing up the other crate for Broadway cast LPs and spoken word, comedy, and radio program recordings. The board games that were on the other plastic shelf were moved to the living room closet until I can find a better place for them. I spent the last hour or so dusting the living room. (I'll try getting the bedroom in tomorrow.)

I had just enough time to add natural peanut butter and honey to yogurt, grab a banana, change into my work uniform, and head for the Acme. Part of the reason I took the extra hours tonight was I figured, with the store between holidays again, we'd probably be dead...and I was mostly right. We were quite for a lot of the night and never more than mildly steady. I was in and out with no problems whatsoever.

No comments: