Monday, June 13, 2011

At the Laundromat

Today was laundry day. I didn't get out to the laundromat until around 11:30. Thankfully, it was quiet when I came in, with only a few washers being used. I timed it right. I was just putting my clothes in the dryer when two women came in with bags and bags filled with laundry. When I got in, I put everything away, had fresh farm market salad and a leftover chicken leg for lunch, and watched cartoons.

Rose called right before I went to work. Sounds like we're going to leave for Erma around 1-1:30 on Thursday, meet the family for a hoagie lunch, then head to Lower Cape May Regional for Keefe's graduation. Mom wants to leave early. I don't blame her. Even with more lots than there were when Rose and I went there, parking at Lower is still a nightmare.

It was absolutely gorgeous today, too. Sunny and far cooler than last week, barely in the 80s. Even with the nice weather, we were crazy-busy all day at work. There were call-outs. I had actually been asked to stay later for the boy who is training to be a firefighter on Monday nights and can't work. It was only an extra hour-and-a-half, so I didn't really mind, but it was tiring.

I did have a nice ride home. It was so cool, I wished I brought a sweater. There was a beautiful pink and purple sunset on the horizon as I headed back to Oaklyn. I saw fireflies for the first time this year, too, blinking to one another as I passed them.

No comments: