Friday, June 03, 2011

The Return of Comfortable Weather

The nice weather continued today. It remained windy and much cooler, probably in the lower 80s. My first stop today was the Oaklyn Library, the only library I had the time or energy to volunteer at this week. I did some organizing on the DVDs, then moved to the children's area. It would appear that someone's starting to re-arrange and clear older books from the picture book shelves in much the same way the young adult shelves were done. This is a double-edged sword. It looks far less cluttered, and there's more room for new books...but I'll miss some of the older ones. There's books in there I haven't seen since I was really little, and others that may not be easy to find outside of libraries today at all.

I went for a short walk to enjoy the nice weather, then headed home for lunch. I ran Sailor Moon episodes while having leftover beef quesadilas and salad. I packed up a peanut butter and plum butter sandwich and a banana for dinner and a bag for shopping afterwards, then headed for work.

Surprisingly for the time of the week and month, the Acme wasn't that bad this evening. It was on-and-off busy, mostly during rush hour. It wasn't even as busy as yesterday. A lot of people probably took one look at the weather and (understandably) headed for the Shore.

I didn't have much shopping of my own to do, either. Applesauce, more of those plastic containers of mini chocolate chips, a can of diced tomatoes. I wanted to get a fan, but I didn't feel like hauling it home in the dark. I'll pick one up next week.

My schedule next week is better, too. Fewer hours, but they're all later (except for Wednesday), and I have two days off again.

No comments: