Sunday, June 05, 2011

Barbecue and Muffins

I didn't do a whole lot today. I tried to call Mom a couple of times, but I kept getting busy signals. I had Whole Wheat Mini Chocolate Chip Pancakes for breakfast. I baked Strawberry Muffins. I listened to Brunch With the Beatles. (The original Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album was in the spotlight today.)

As of yesterday, the Acme has loosened it's strict uniform policy for the summer months. They gave us three light-weight, short-sleeved T-shirts with the Acme logo on them - one red, one gold, and one royal blue - to wear between now and October. We're also now allowed to wear capris, bermuda shorts, and long cargo shorts as long as they're the appropriate khaki, black, or tan.

That makes me very happy. For one thing, I'm not thrilled with the white polo shirts anyway. Who on earth came up with white? White gets stained easily! And they don't breathe all that well. I sweat to death riding to work in them in summer. I also have to choose light pants in the summer that I can roll up to my knees to ride to work. I did try to wear shorts to ride in and bring pants to change in at work for a while...but once, I left in a hurry and forgot the pants! I had to buy pants at Fashion Bug.

Work was crazy-busy all day long. That's not a surprise. First of all, it's still the beginning of the month. Second, we're usually busy on Sunday at any time. Third, the clouds were in and out again, not the world's greatest weather.

The clouds were gone when I finally got away from the long lines and headed home. I did get a message from Mom. Just as I'd suspected, she was talking to her sister Terri all morning. Aunt Terri calls Mom for very long chats every now and then. That's ok. I tried calling her again twice tonight, but got the answering machine. I'll just call tomorrow.

Before I went to work, I threw a couple of those defrosted chicken legs into the crock pot with water and barbecue sauce. (I want to get rid of the barbecue sauce. It contains high fructose corn syrup, which is extremely bad for you. From now on, I intend to avoid eating anything with that stuff in it as much as possible.) When I came home, the legs were absolutely divine. They literally melted in my mouth. I never tasted such delicious chicken. I had them with a cup of fresh spring peas.

I hit the shower after dinner. I got out in time for the second half of The Dress Circle. They were highlighting shows that opened in June in today's show. My favorite was "Razzle Dazzle," as performed by Jerry Orbach from the original cast of Chicago.

2 comments:

thebeatles_themonkees_vstheworld said...

I love your Monkees stories - Karieann - Arlington Heights IL

thebeatles_themonkees_vstheworld said...

Hi I love this and I was passing through this and I found out you do Monkees role plays, I just wanted to say it's vary good :D
- Karieann