Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Just Tired

I'm so tired...again. I worked for 8 1/2 hours today. On one hand, that does mean I missed the horrible heat that continued through today. Many of my customers complained about the stifling humidity and steaminess. I went in at 9:30...and got out at three. Both times, it was hot but not harmfully so.

Work was on-and-off busy all day. It was much busier than it usually is on a Wednesday. Today is the first day of the month...which means we get all of the usual people who come in to spend their government money and Food Stamps that they just got.

Actually, my only real problem was in the early afternoon. Some guy came through with a cartload of soda bottles and boxes that I knew were on sale...and that I knew he intended to sell in some chop-shop in Camden. I told him he could buy five of each box. No more. He didn't listen when one of the managers tried to explain that the 5 for $12 Coke sale ended Monday, or that if you buy 20 bottles for a dollar, it'll still come up to twenty dollars plus tax. He ultimately left without anything.

Though my relief was late, it was quiet enough by 6 that I was able to shut down with no problems. I treated myself to Bryers' Cherry Vanilla ice cream on sale. Bryers' has the best cherry vanilla. The vanilla is sweet and creamy, and the cherry chunks are huge and real cherries, not maraschino. I had leftover tacos and asparagus when I got home.

No comments: