Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Hot Day's Night

Slept in this morning, then made some very tasty blueberry pancakes for breakfast. The blueberries - and the berries in general - have been incredibly sweet and tasty this year. I'm thinking about making a blueberry mousse pie later in the week.

Ran Brunch With the Beatles as I enjoyed my pancakes. "Number One Hits, 1964-1974" was the theme today. Among the Beatles group songs to make it to number one were "A Hard Day's Night," "Penny Lane," "Yesterday," "Paperback Writer," "Come Together," "Hello Goodbye," "The Long and Winding Road," and "Let It Be." Solo Beatles efforts that hit the top of the charts included Ringo's "You're Sixteen" and "Photograph" and George's "My Sweet Lord."

Called Mom during the second half of the show. Mom sounded a bit better than she did last week. She says she now has a routine down with my nephews when she watches Skylar, so she can keep an eye on him and do the things she needs to do. She's also worried about my stepfather, who, despite claiming he still doesn't feel well, insisted on going for a motorcycle ride this morning. He also bought a huge teak patio set that she doesn't think is right for their small back porch. My stepfather is a very good man, but he's firmly convinced that bigger is always better. Mom can be a bit fussy about many things, which doesn't help.

Spent the next couple of hours editing the Bowery Boys stories Lauren and I worked on during February, March, and early April. Look for them at the Riverside Rest site by the end of the week!

I had leftover chicken and ratatouille for lunch while watching more Danger Mouse. I left for work soon after. Work was busy all evening, not uncommon on a still-fairly nice Sunday. It was only just slowing down when I left at 9.

No comments: