Monday, July 11, 2011

Hot Nights and Good Friends

Started the week with laundry. The laundromat wasn't too bad when I got in around 11:30. President Obama was making a big speech on NBC; I loaded things in the washer as he droned on. Actually, I owe him one. His speech postponed Channel 10's morning talk show for so long, they still hadn't aired that awful housewives reality show thing that usually runs during the noon hour. The laundromat wasn't busy, and I was in and out.

When I got home, I folded laundry, ate lunch, watched more of The Green Hornet, and went right back out to work. The nice weather ended today. It was hotter and more humid, in the lower 90s despite a nice breeze.

The weather didn't keep our customers away. We were very busy all evening. It was only just slowing down when I finished. In fact, it was slow enough for me to shut down with no relief.

I was surprised to find a large package on the porch when I got in. Lauren said she was sending me a "little something" for a very early Christmas present. That "little" something was a long, wide rectangle. When I got in, I opened it up...and discovered a DVD recorder in a beautiful dark-blue corduroy bag. I've wanted a DVD recorder for a while as a cheaper way of replacing the pile of videos I made off of TCM when I was in college. Some of those movies aren't on DVD at all; others are only available on the Warner Archives. I figured I'd cut out the middleman and become my own Redmer Archives. Thank you Lauren, the best best friend anyone ever had!

(And thank you Amazon for not using plastic to ship items anymore. That bag will be just as useful as the DVD recorder.)

No comments: