Monday, September 10, 2012

Welcome to the Sunshine

The weather was even more gorgeous today than yesterday, if that's possible. I had the windows open all night and was freezing cold when I awoke this morning! There were a few clouds in the sky, but they were white and poofy, like sweet little lambs instead of the menacing dark masses they were last week.

I slept late and didn't get much chance to do anything besides the laundry. I slept so late that I didn't make it to the laundromat until ten minutes to 1. It was quite busy, with several families and a few young men getting clothes and linens done. I was also doing linens, which meant it took me a little longer than usual to get my load in and out. I wasn't home until well past 2.

After I got in, I put everything away, organized my linens, had leftovers while watching cartoons, and headed for work. Work was a pain for such a short session. There were quite a few obnoxious people. One woman put up such a fuss about her daughter's 3-subject notebooks not coming out the right price, we gave them to her for a dollar despite them not being the right notebooks...and the two customers behind her fussed at ME because the manager and I gave her something for cheap that wasn't the right thing. I pointed out that she wouldn't have listened if I explained that it wasn't right. She would have just kept fussing. It's not worth holding up the line over a bunch of sheets of paper.

Later in the night, a younger woman with a child came into my line with two WIC checks. She was new and wasn't sure what size to get or what item really worked, and apparently, they don't explain it very well in the pamphlets for new customers. Once again, we had to hold up a long line while chasing the things she needed.

On the other hand, I did discover that one of the middle-aged women who usually work the morning shifts had gotten tired of mornings and actually requested to work at nights, which may explain why I got earlier hours this week.

No comments: