Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Spring Into Summer

I was up so late last night, I had just enough time to work on a little bit of writing after I ate breakfast. Went back and added a scene where Lando and Han deal with what Lando did to his buddy in the Kingdom of the Clouds in the, er, proper fashion. Then moved ahead to reveal that Han now has his "command crew," which includes Leia, the servants, Wicket the Ewok, all their horses, and a nervous Luke. Luke knows he's going to have to deal with his father. He's not looking forward to it. Leia's even less thrilled with the idea.

Finished out Radioland Murders and had a really quick lunch before heading to work. Work was dead as can be It was a gorgeous, sunny, warm day, the first we've had in weeks. Not to mention, it's the middle of the week before a major holiday and the beginning of the month. I spent the first half of my shift doing returns, and the second half rounding up carts. There were no major problems, and I was in and out.

When I got in, I did two episodes of Rick Steves' Europe while eating leftovers for dinner. Sliced up a very soft peach and ate peaches drizzled with honey for dessert. I thought Cologne, Germany, and the famous Black Forest would provide inspiration for the Gothic Bast Castle and the Enchanted Woods. (And it made me crave Black Forest Cake.)

Let it continue on to Berlin while I cleaned up from dinner.  The Berlin of today is very different from the city I remember seeing when the Berlin Wall was torn down in 1989. While it does have many reminders of its tumultuous past (including a segment of the Wall made over into an outdoor art gallery), it's equally proud of its modern and restored buildings, including its main building for its elected body, with its beautiful glass rotunda.

Finished the night with a much-needed bath. Ahh. It felt absolutely wonderful to relax in the tepid water, looking at cake decorating books and listening to one of the Rod Stewart standards CDs.

No comments: