Friday, November 09, 2007

Do The Right Thing

I mostly just ran errands today. I went to the Acme and got my desperately needed paycheck and did some grocery shopping, mostly fruits, veggies, and pantry odds-and-ends. Went to FYE to look at WebKinz, but just ended up with an inexpensive used copy of Billy Joel's Piano Man. As much as I'd like to have a friend for Miles, I need food and clothes first. Looked at the Christmas stuff and pants at Wal-Mart and zip and thumb drives at Staples, but didn't buy anything.

I watched To Kill A Mockingbird before I returned it and Seasons of Giving to the Oaklyn Library on my way to the bank. Excellent, excellent movie, well deserving of it's Oscar nominations and Gregory Peck's win. A thoughtful, intelligent tale of stern but kindly lawyer in a small southern town in the 30s who defends and innocent black man accused of raping a white woman. It's the lawyer's kids, however, who end up learning the biggest lessons when the witness the trial...and have a close encounter with the racist father of the accused girl and a mysterious man who lives next door. Gorgeous black-and-white photography, and so sinister at times, I wish I'd watched it Halloween night instead of Night of the Strangler.

Oh, and Miles is still a happy boy in WebKinz World. I'm still working on some of the games. Can't do the Mini Golf to save my life, but I rock at Hungry Pig and anything that's a variation on Tetris.

No comments: