Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Spent the morning dusting the music, dining, and TV areas of the living room and putting up the Christmas garlands, wreath, and nativity. It takes me far less time to dust the living room area than it does my bedroom, mainly because there's a lot less stuff out there!

Mom gave me the garlands a few months before I moved. She always puts garlands of fake greenery, ribbons, bows, and strings of beads over the windows at her house, but she'd gotten tired of doing every window in the house over the years and decided to give some of the garlands to me. I can kind of understand her frustration. The garlands are pain in the rear to tack up, but the effect is wonderful when it's finally done. Mom gave me the wreath for an early Christmas present the year I moved. The nativity is dark and somewhat grimy but very old. According to Mom, it was one of the items she got from her mother when SHE moved on her own. She and my stepdad bought a newer, brighter nativity a few years ago and gave the old one to me. It goes on the top of the video drawers.

Called my stepdad right before going to work. He seemed to be all right, maybe because he was the only one at home. Mom and Keefe seemed to have gone to work on the new house. He was watching the New York Giants-Minnesota Vikings game and just kicking back; he's a huge Giants fan. (And ouch - I just checked the score, and it seems the Giants got ripped big-time, 41-17. Poor Daddy! I wanna hug him now.)

(On the other hand, the Eagles are 7-7 at press time against the 10-0 New England Patriots. Just the fact that we actually scored a touchdown against them, in the first quarter, no less, makes me happy even if we don't win.)

Work was pretty much the same as yesterday - steady, long lines only because we were severely short on help. As nice as full-time hours would be all the time, I think only head people and head managers are full time. I think most cashier positions are part-time. Even some of the cashiers who have literally been there for decades are only part-time!

No comments: