Sunday, November 04, 2007

A Nice Fall Sunday

It was a nice, quiet Sunday. I spent the morning watching Bugs Bunny cartoons, including one election-themed one, the Bugs-Yosemite Sam romp Ballot Box Bunny, ate cranberry bread, and listened to the Beatles show on WOGL.

Work was nuts for most of the afternoon. The lines were out to the aisles, even after I left around 3:30. To be honest, between this being the beginning of one of the busiest months of the year and the big Eagles-Cowboys game tonight, I would have been surprised if it WASN'T busy.

It was a nice day today, cool but not horribly cold for this time of year. It's so great to finally have seasonal weather! The trees outside my apartment are just starting to turn gorgeous shades of gold and flame orange. Of course, all these leaves mean I have to sweep my porch twice a week in the fall, but it's worth it. I feel like I live in a Crayola box between October and early December. When all the leaves are gone, I'll have a beautiful view of the park and creek all winter long!

I made a nice fall Sunday dinner (broccoli, baked acorn squash, and Salisbury Turkey Steak) while watching the 1961 Babes In Toyland. It's a cute fantasy-land tale of how Tom Piper saved Mary Quite Contrary and the Toymaker and his nerdy assistant from the evil Barnaby and his bumbling men. The DVD isn't much (pan-and-scan and no extras), but the movie is fun and tuneful, with some lovely, colorful art direction and costumes. This was Walt Disney's first live-action musical, and while his live-action musicals were never as good or popular as his animated ones, it has it's moments...including some nice numbers (I always liked Annette Funicello's imaginative "I Can't Do The Sum").

No comments: