Monday, May 26, 2008

Tropical Summer Cake

And here's my recipe for the cake I brought to Mark and Vanessa's barbecue! Try it for your next summer get-together.

Pina Colada Cake

1 Box White Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines, but any will do)
2 tbsp Canola Oil
1/4 cup drained applesauce
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
8 oz can crushed pineapple in juice
3 oz box Limited Edition Pina Colada Jello Mix (If you can't find it, use pineapple and/or orange flavors)
1/2 cup coconut
1 cup water

Grease your choice of pan as shown on box. (I used a 13x9-inch rectangular pan with a cover because it was for a party.)

Add oil, applesauce, and eggs as on box. Mix until smooth, then add pineapple and juice, Jello, coconut, and water. Mix until moist. Pour batter into pan of choice and bake as directed on cake mix box.

You can frost the cake with your favorite vanilla or coconut frosting. I left it plain because I didn't have the time to frost it.

No comments: