Friday, May 09, 2008

Who'll Stop The Rain?

Ugh. The pollen is finally getting to me. I feel lousy. I have a headache, my throat and eyes are itchy, and I've been blowing my nose all day. The weather's just as bad. It's been raining steadily all day long, from the time I woke up this morning until I came home from work. It's cold and damp and just plain yucky.

It's probably just as well that I spent the day finishing this month's cleaning. I washed the windows and dusted the woodwork, vacuumed, and dusted the rest of the house. I wanted to get it done today because, hopefully, I'll be going to the Collingswood Farm Market tomorrow morning and I work for most of the afternoon after that.

I finally ended up calling for a ride to work. This was NOT a bike day. Uncle Ken and Dolores drove me there. They were on their way to visit Uncle Ken's daughter and her family and would be going past the Acme any. Jodie drove me home. She loves driving Dad's van.

Work was steady to busy, but might not have been that bad if we'd had more help. Half the people under 18 who worked at the Acme apparently had their proms tonight. I feel sorry for them. This is not a fun day to be running around in fancy outfits and heavy make-up that you hope doesn't get ruined before you have your picture taken and hit the dance floor.

No comments: