Saturday, May 17, 2008

New Jersey Redmer and the Raiders Of the Lost Internet

First of all, for anyone nearby who reads this blog, please don't try to call me for a while. My phone just is not working. You'll have better luck e-mailing me if you need me, or if you live close enough, just coming over.

Once again, this is going to have to be quick, because my Internet is being screwy. I lost the signal for a half-hour. (Good thing Lauren is too busy unpacking after her move to do the role-play tonight.) I spent the morning and most of the afternoon at work. Work was steady, nothing major. We didn't even have too many cranky customers. A lot of people were either out enjoying the nice day or pre-Memorial Day festivities, or are waiting for closer to Memorial Day to do their major shopping (I'm surprised I didn't get more hours next weekend).

I bought strawberries, bananas, and broccoli, and then rode over to FYE and Staples to make the quick errands run I put off yesterday because of the weather. I picked up the new Indiana Jones DVD, a pack of WebKinz cards, and a used copy of the second season of The Greatest American Hero at FYE. (I wanted the original Indiana Jones set, which I did see at FYE last week, but they were out. Oh well. Extras aren't THAT important to me anyway, and it was on sale for about $39 with my FYE card.) I made an in-and-out stop at Staples for a new phone cord. The tab on one side of my old phone cord broke off and slips out.

I watched Raiders Of the Lost Ark during dinner. Like any true child of the 80s, I love Indy. This is my kind of action - escapes, chases, explosions when needed, a hero who's smart AND handy with weapons, a leading lady who is just as smart and skilled (and holds her liquor against men three times her size), great comic relief, hissable bad guys. As the first of the Indiana films, I didn't really see Raiders until Dad finally picked it up on video sometime in the late 80s, and I like it (and Marian) but it's not my favorite. (That would be Last Crusade.)

Oh, and if my internet behaves, I'm going to try to post the tag sequence for Monkees Magic Show tonight. Look for it at our Monkees role play site!

No comments: