Friday, May 22, 2009

Bad Day Rising

Ugh. I ended up getting called in today. Of course, it was gorgeous today. Of course, I never got to the library, and I have a book due that, for some reason, is on hold. I don't know why it's on hold while I still have it. I did get to the post office to buy 2 cent stamps in order to send my bills for this month out, but that was all. I slept too late to do anything else.

Work was a pain in the rear, too. There were a lot of obnoxious people, and I seriously was not in the mood to handle them all. It was really busy as well, seeing how we're coming up on the Memorial Day Weekend. It turns out they'd called me in to replace someone who had to be pulled to help in the bakery. Why didn't they just ask me? I've been trying to get in the bakery for ages.

I didn't have the experience, of course. They wanted someone to do cakes.

I'm tired of not having experience. I'm tired of not being good enough. If I had experience in something useful, anything, maybe I'd be getting somewhere.

I went out for a quick dinner after work. That, at least, went well. I had a pulled pork sandwich and green beans at Fat Jack's. I couldn't think of anything else that would satisfy me and still be fast without killing my diet. It was tasty, as always. I didn't even finish the green beans.

No comments: