Friday, May 01, 2009

Quick Balance

Did Yogawood today. It was a medium-sized class, about eleven women counting the teacher, Micki. We mostly did some stretching and balancing moves. I like the Warrior poses. They not only really do give you a feeling of grace, but they're not that hard to do. (Maybe because they don't involve waving your arms around or trying to put them on your back or something.)

I just had the time to rush home and get ready for work...and I barely had the time for even that, as it turned out. Sharon had called while I was in class and asked me to come in early. I went in as early as I could - I still had to eat lunch, pack a snack, get my bags together to go grocery shopping later, change into my uniform, and pick up my paycheck when I got to work.

I really wish I hadn't hurried. Work was two kinds of pains in the rear. First of all, it's the beginning of the month, which always brings all kinds of fun people out of the woodwork. (Customer Service was swamped all day. I'm glad I got my paycheck when I did.) Second, we're having a huge sale this week using coupons that aren't working right at all. Third, we had to wipe anything on the register people touched reguarly down every two hours with disinfecting wet wipes due to the swine flu thing going on. I'm glad it wasn't any busier than on-and-off steady.

Thankfully, I didn't have much shopping to do after work, either. I just picked up a couple of things I wouldn't be getting at the farm market tomorrow, like canned low-fat, low-salt beef broth, Acme's generic plain shredded wheat cereal, Yoplait light yogurt (they're on sale this week), and peanut butter.

No comments: