Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Balancing Chores and Play

Did my yoga class today. It was the fullest class I'd seen in ages, sixteen people including the teacher, Jill. The gorgeous, sunny-and-mid-60s weather must have brought everyone out. I did what I could with the twisting and balancing exercises, but I sometimes feel so frustrated that I can't do better after a year. And after class, most of the women started talking about their children and jobs again. One was pregnant, and Jill's definitely showing now...and I felt left out. I left as quickly as I could, grabbing milk from WaWa on the way home.

I used the last of the canned crabmeat to make crab salad for lunch. The original recipe called for 1/4 cup mayo and 3/4 cup sour cream. I substituted plain yogurt for the sour cream (which I don't like anyway) and light mayo for regular mayo and cut the mayo down to 3 tablespoons. I also added chopped onion along with the original celery to give it a little zing and replace the hot sauce that I really don't like. It was a very tasty lunch on a bed of spinach, with a Honey Yogurt Muffin to add some fiber.

After lunch, I finally scrubbed the indoor trash and recycling canisters. They needed to be done rather badly. The trash can was starting to smell. I was going to do it Monday, but put it off due to the cold that day. I use the hose under my porch to wash the canisters. Easier than hauling water downstairs.

Spent the rest of the afternoon working on my budget and other stuff on my computer before heading off to work. Work was steady for most of the night, but other than when I left (I was almost late getting out, thanks to a long line and no relief), there were no problems.

No comments: