Sunday, July 19, 2009

Blueberry Sunday

I slept in on a pleasant, sunny, 85-degree morning. After I finally dragged my rear out of bed, I had blueberry pancakes for breakfast while listening to WOGL's Brunch With the Beatles show. ("The Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl - 1964 & 1965" was the theme today.) Tried calling Mom, but she was busy, so I let her go.

Work was very busy, but nothing abnormal for a Sunday. The woman I came in for said the computer system was still down earlier in the morning, but had come back up by the time I arrived at noon. I didn't get my break until almost an hour before it was time to go. Another woman had been scheduled at the same time as me, and she always takes ridiculously long breaks. My relief was slightly late, too, but a manager came in for me. He had arrived by the time I was buying contact solution.

The rest of the day was spent quietly doing chores around the house. I swept the leaves and nuts off the porch, then sprayed for ants. I've been seeing them around the apartment again; the bathroom's been especially bad.

And I did finally get to talk with Mom. Anny and her boys had come for a visit that morning, which is what she was doing when I originally called. She started working this week...and discovered she doesn't like cashiering any more than I do. Like me, she'd rather be actually doing something than stuck behind a register. Now she knows why I hate MY job.

No comments: