Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dark and Dreary Day

I awoke to a downpour. I'd just finished breakfast, hoping that the rain would stop, or at least let up, and let me get to the library, when the phone ring. Yes, it was the Acme. Could I come in at noon and work until 6? One of the teenage boys called out. (It was the one with the second job who is always late - he may have opted for one job over the other.)

Between the lousy weather and my low hours this week, I ended up taking the shift. It wasn't much different than yesterday - steady-to-busy, with a few annoying customers, but otherwise no problems. I had a quick Roast Beef "Burger" dinner at Arby's afterwards. I don't usually eat fast food, but I didn't feel like cooking, and it was the cheapest thing I could come up with besides pizza (which I also wasn't in the mood for).

It was spitting a little when I rode to work. By the time I got out, it was cloudy and humid, but about 75 degrees and dry. Unfortunately, I discovered on the way home my back tire was going flat. I got to Kendall this time before I walked. I think I really do have a slow leak. I pumped it for now - I'll have my neighbor take a look at it the next time he's around.

No comments: