Thursday, July 02, 2009

The Nose Doesn't Know

Ugh. I spent most of today in the midst of one of my infrequent but annoying allergy attacks. My nose is running and stuffy and my eyes are sore and itchy, but it's not a cold. The rest of me is fine. No sore throat or nausea. I'm wondering if it has to do with the big thunderstorm we had last night, our first in over a week (and the first I've seen of those "isolated thunderstorms" that have been in the forecast since last weekend).

Probably just as well that I slept late and spent the morning doing computer work. (Lauren was eager to do this month's Monkees role play, so we began and finished it early. Look for it after the Fourth of July weekend.) I've been sneezing and sniffling and blowing my nose like crazy.

My customers at work were cool about my nose, too. Probably just as well that I only did 4 1/2 hours today. It was steady, with no really big problems, and my relief was actually early.

No comments: