Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Are You Ready For the Summer?

Now, I am. It was cool enough for me to bake a blueberry-chocolate-chip coffee cake this morning. Most of the remainder of the morning and the afternoon was spent cleaning, making up my rent, and doing things around the apartment. The morning started out cloudy, but by the time I'd taken the last swipe at my computer with a dust rag, the sun was shining and the sky was bright blue. It was too late for me to go out for a long trip. I headed over to Uncle Ken and Dad's for a swim instead.

I'm so glad I did. The water was much warmer today than it was at this time last week, into the lower 80s. I swam and relaxed in the pool for about 40 minutes before Jodie arrived. I climbed out to chat with her and read the Jane Wheel mystery I'd brought. Dad came out with one of his guitars a bit later to practice. It felt very cozy, with Jodie and me reading and Dad playing.

Jodie invited me to stay for a basic summer dinner of grilled cheeseburgers, baked beans, cole slaw, and corn on the cob. Jessa joined Dad, Jodie, and I in the kitchen. It was delicious (even though the patties were store-made, not the home-made kind Mom used to make). The corn was much better than Dad claimed. I two two remaining cobs home with me to make salads and have for lunch this weekend.

No comments: