Friday, July 03, 2009

Frustrated With Balance...and Work

Did yoga class today. That might not have been a good idea. Once again, the class was incredibly full, with at least 20-25 people (I lost count), counting the teacher Micki. I felt so awkward with all those people around. I always feel so behind everyone else! Not surprisingly, a lot of our poses were floor-based, given how little space there was. I can't pull myself up fast, or lift myself out of a squat.

(I was supposed to meet Rose there, but she never showed. Might be just as well. I arrived at 9:15, and the studio was already half-full.)

Spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon at home. It was a gorgeous day for early July, windy, partly-sunny, and in the upper 70s. My kitchen was cool enough for me to bake a cake for my cousin Samantha's Fourth of July celebration tomorrow. I used a Betty Crocker Strawberry Cake Mix that was on clearance at the Acme, the last of the blueberries from the Farm Market, and one ripe banana, and made Berry-Banana Snack Cake. I also used some random vegetables sitting in my refrigerator and made pasta salad.

Work was a pain in the rear. It's the beginning of the month, with all the fun that implies. We had lots of obnoxious, demanding old people and ignorant idiots who don't read signs and won't bag even when they're perfectly capable of doing so. Add to this a whole raft of tourists on their way from somewhere else, visiting relatives and friends over the holiday weekend. I'm just glad it wasn't nearly as busy as I thought it would be. It was pretty busy when I came in, but it had gentled down to steady by the time I finished.

I did my own grocery shopping after work. Added blueberries, strawberries, bananas, and peaches to the list of brown sugar, yogurt, ground chicken, and Weight Watchers Smart Ones Single-Cup Desserts, since I work too early to get to the Collingswood Farm Market tomorrow. (I'll get there next Saturday. My schedule next week is pretty decent. Other than mildly fewer hours, I have no hours later than 7:30 or earlier than 2, which works fine by me.)

No comments: