Monday, July 06, 2009

Flat Tire

Everything went fine this morning, of course. I got my laundry done. I got my Fourth of July decorations down. My laundry took a little longer than usual (I did last month's towels today along with all the regular items), and I was a little later than I should have been getting out to work.

Of course, I discover when I finally get downstairs that my back tire is half-way to being flat. Again. After it was just replaced last month. I have no idea how this happened. It was fine last night, when I rode home from work. I didn't use it at all this morning. I didn't see any rips or tears in the tire, and there didn't seem to be any rocks or nails in there. I was almost late for work. Again.

Thank goodness work was steady-to-dead, with no major problems. I ended up walking home. It was too nice of a day to call Dad, and I felt bad about blowing a tire he just paid to replace last month. I should learn to be smarter and more careful. The inner tube should be fine. This isn't supposed to happen a month after you replace a tire. I'm so, so angry at myself.

A neighbor who's a friend of Dad's and lives around the corner from me saw me walking home. She and her husband offered to fix the bike tomorrow if I can get the inner tube. I can afford it...but I'd really rather walk than beg a ride from Dad. Maybe Jessa.

I'm deeply embarrassed. I can't believe I blew another inner tube. This must make the third time I blew an inner tube this year, maybe the fourth. I'm so careless and thoughtless. Why can't I do anything right?

No comments: