Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I'm a Wanderer

Had a big Red Onion, Mushroom, and Cheddar Cheese Omlet for breakfast, then finished watching Nashville. It was a beautiful day, slightly more humid than yesterday but still sunny, breezy, and warm. I had DVDs and books due at the library, so that was my first stop after I finally headed out around quarter of noon.

Despite the beautiful day, the library was packed. The children's DVDs were a mess, so I started there. I shelved and organized the DVDs and helped the kids find things they wanted. One little boy was interested in Pokemon; he ended up with the Pokemon Ranger movie. A mother and her two toddler daughters requested Mickey Mouse. There were, once again, stacks of adult DVDs to shelve as well. It took me a long time to get all of them done. I didn't take anything out this week. I'm not sure I'll have the time for DVDs and extra books this week.

I kinda just wandered around after leaving the Library. It was well past lunch time, but I wasn't really hungry. (I guess I'm not the only one who eats lunch late. There was an amazingly long line at the McDonald's drive-in on Cuthbert Road.) I rode down to the Dollar General and bought a new shower curtain (the old one was disgusting), then stopped at the 7-11 next-door to the Westmont Acme. I just got a soft pretzel and a Slurpee in an X-Men Origins: Wolverine Wolverine cup. (It was the last Wolverine cup they had, too. They had tons of Transformers, Terminator, Sabertooth, a little of Gambit, and even some Iron Man and Incredible Hulk leftover from last year...but I only found one with Hugh Jackman on it.)

Kept riding down Cuthbert and into Westmont proper after lunch. I stopped briefly at the mom-and-pop video store there, but didn't walk out with anything. Bored, I went in the opposite direction down Haddon Avenue into Collingswood to see if the Variety Store had any of the July WebKinz yet. Nope. Nothing of interest. (And the packs of Series 2 cards cost $3.99! No way.)

By this point, dark clouds were beginning to gather, and the wind was picking up, though it remained hot and mildly humid. I was out of things to do with the money I had, so I just rode home. I spent the rest of the afternoon watching X-Men: The Last Stand and doing more cleaning - swept the porch and scrubbed the kitchen.

(And it's beyond me why most people are so hard on Last Stand. I enjoyed it. In fact, my only real complaint is my only complaint about all three movies - I love these characters so much, I really want to see more of them, especially Kelsey Grammer's awesome Beast.)

No comments: