Friday, June 05, 2009

Solving the Internet Mystery

The Verizon repair man showed up around 11:30, just as I finished making the bed and washing the windows. He was really nice. Yes, he detected a flaw in the signal, and it turned out to be an outside wire problem, likely squirrels chewing on cables. (The downside of living next-door to a park.) It was raining too hard today for him to do any work this morning, but he said he'll be back tomorrow to fix the problem.

I finished vacuuming, then had lunch. Since the computer was already on, I spent the rest of the afternoon until work doing stuff online. (It went down briefly last night, but hasn't gone down since.) I ended up calling Dad for a ride to work. There was no end to the rain. It was dreary, cold, and not really a bike day.

Work was steady-to-dead, no problems, no relief, and out on time. I got the best paycheck I've received in ages (those extra hours last weekend, including Memorial Day, literally ended up paying off) and this week's schedule. Good news - pretty much the same amount of hours as this week and the same two days off. Bad news - late hours, including 5-10 on Wednesday.

No comments: