Friday, June 19, 2009

Balancing Home and Work

Started today with this week's yoga class. It was pretty small, six women with teacher Micki. The emphasis today was on standing poses and balance. I can balance...as long as it's on two feet. I have a hard time on one foot, or anything that involves leaning on my shoulders. I just can't focus. It's hard to put things out of my mind, not to mention not see how much better half the class is doing.

Didn't really do much else for the rest of the day. The sun was out this morning; it was in and out for the rest of the day, but it was somewhat warmer than it has been and it never rained. I went for a ride across Newton River Park, then went home, did my (very late) budget and some other stuff on the computer, and did my bills.

Work was steady-to-dead tonight, no major problems other than a lot of people didn't have the coupon for the big six 12 packs of Coke for $12 sale. (It's on the back of the flyer, BTW.) It was dead when I finished and did my grocery shopping. Just as well. I didn't have much to pick up anyway - Post Bran Shredded Wheat (on sale and a coupon), yogurt, Smart Balance Butter Blend (on sale), ground turkey, single packs of salmon and flounder, cereal bars and granola bars on sale.

My schedule for next week is better, too. Same amount of hours, but early on Wednesday instead of late, 10-3.

No comments: