Saturday, June 06, 2009

Berry Sweet Day

Started off the day with the last of the Kashi Shredded Wheat with strawberries and blueberries and Strawberry Shortcake. Strawberry invites her international friends for a "Friendship Festival" at Strawberry Land. She's excited to have Tea Blossom of Plum Blossom Province and her panda Marza stay with her...but the girls learn a lesson in compromise and making friends when they lie about not liking each other's favorite foods and activities. It takes making a few "friendship cakes" to help the American and oriental girls patch up hurt feelings and realize that friends don't always have to like the same things.

Caught the first half of The Care Bears while doing the dishes and getting ready to head out. When little Emma feels left out after her brothers tell her she can't play treasure hunt with them, the Bears bring the girl up to Care-A-Lot to help them with another kind of treasure hunt. Items are going missing all over town. Emma claims to be an expert treasure hunter...but can she foil a Grizzle plot?

It was still cloudy and cool when I made my way out for my Saturday errands, but the rain seemed to be long gone. I was in and out of the quiet bank. The farm market was far busier, with lots of people and dogs out enjoying the lack of rain. I saw a little black poodle who reminded me of my Beanie Baby black poodle Gigi and a trio of very cute pug puppies. I was at the market early enough this time to get radishes and bananas. I also picked up strawberries, spinach, turnips with their tops on, and real black-strap molasses. (I took a small lick of the molasses when I got in. Whew, is it strong! I'm going to have wonderful gingerbread and spice cookies!)

There were several yard sales today. I rode around to a few in Collingswood and in Oaklyn, but my only find was a set of cute mint-condition Powerpuff Girls small stuffed dolls. I used to watch that show in college. It was so funny. Blossom's my favorite. I love her hair.

I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon after getting in on my computer. (As far as I can tell, the internet's working fine, at least for now. We'll see what happens.) It was still a little cloudy when I came home, but by the time I headed for work, the sun was shining and the clouds were breaking up. By the time I finished work and grocery shopping, the clouds were almost gone, the sun shown brightly, and it was much warmer.

Work was on-and-off steady for most of the evening, though it began to pick up considerably by the time I finished. There were problems all day with the $2.77 Acme water sale. You get 3 24 packs of Acme water for $2.77 if you buy all three...and ONLY if you buy three. Most people were pretty good about it. It's still $3.77 if you only buy one or two, and that's still cheap for water. Everyone kept claiming they hadn't seen the sign. I know there has to be a sign back there, and I know darn well there's one that's quite clear in the flyers.

The last customers of the day weren't thrilled either when a woman who couldn't bend over asked the bagger to get her a cart...and he didn't come back in with a cart. The manager ended up doing it.

It was still busy when I did my own shopping. I picked up yogurt, yeast, apples, blackberries, Lipton green tea, and several items I had coupons for - Quaker Oatmeal Squares, the new Fiber Quaker Granola Bars, and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter's baking margarine.

No comments: