Friday, June 26, 2009

Hot Balance

Yuck. Despite the clouds, it was sticky-humid and 90 degrees when I got up this morning. Things weren't much better at Yogawood, not helped by a very full (at least 21 people, counting teacher Micki) class. We worked on shoulder stands and squats and lifts. Sigh. One of these days, I'm going to be able to lift myself.

I made a quick stop at WaWa on the way home for water (I was sweating like crazy) and a half-gallon of skim milk, then rode home. I spent the rest of the morning watching the Alfred Hitchcock Notorious with my right knuckle under ice. It's been really swollen for weeks now. I have no idea what I did to it. My middle toe on my right foot's been sore, too.

Notorious is a black-and-white Hitchcock mystery from 1946. Ingrid Bergman is a shady lady with connections who agrees to spy on a ring of German scientists; Cary Grant is her contact who falls for her. Claude Rains is the head of the German spy ring whom Bergman marries to get the goods on. Slower-moving than the 50s Hitchcock mysteries, but more elegant, classy, and romantic as well. Bergman and Grant do well as the spy lovers.

Work was really busy when I came in, dead when I left, with no problems other than every person in the entire South Jersey area seemed to want to cash their checks tonight. I was right to leave early to get mine cashed; by the time I got off, there was a sign saying "we can no longer cash checks tonight." They cashed so many checks, the Customer Service Desk ran out of money!

No comments: