Monday, June 22, 2009

The Dolls' Laundry

Today was Laundry Day. I was going to do it tomorrow, but I had no plans for today, so I figured, why not? In addition to my usual clothes, I washed all of the American Girls' clothing that can be cleaned in a machine - Little Jessa's pajamas and the rest of her Girl Scout uniform, most of Felicity and Molly's clothes (including Felicity's shift), and Samantha's summer sailor dress. (The majority of Sam's outfits are made of delicate dry-clean only fabrics.)

It was quiet at Dad's house. He was playing the guitar and looking up music on his laptop. Dolores and Uncle Ken watched TV. I ran to CVS for eggs while the laundry was in the dryer, then came back and chatted with everyone. Jessa had come home from work while I was at CVS; talked to her, too. (Jessa works as a cashier and go-fer girl at a local used car lot.)

Had just enough time to come home, dress the American Girls dolls and put theirs and my clothes away, eat a quick PB&J and spinach salad lunch, pack dinner, and change for work. Work was steady-to-dead, no problems other than some mildly obnoxious customers.

The weather behaved, too. It was the same as yesterday - on-and-off cloudy - but a bit warmer and not as windy.

No comments: