Monday, June 15, 2009

Not the Best Fixer-Upper

Fairly quiet day. I attempted to fix the bikes on my own after finishing up Get Smart and watching Meatballs this morning. The back tire and inner tube on the mountain bike blew. No problem; I was going to swap it with the new tire on the cruiser bike with the bad wheel. Only thing is, I forgot you have to remove the wheels to get the darn tires off. I just don't have the tools. I really need to buy my own set of wrenches.

I spent the rest of the afternoon doing research on library careers. Apparently, it's still a fairly popular job, despite more and more of the librarians' chores being taken by computers. I wonder if I could get a job with a "special" library? Not law (that's Rose's territory), but a museum or company, or maybe a theater? There's certainly enough of all three in the area.

I did end up walking to work. It was sunny, windy, and actually pretty nice...too nice to be begging for rides. I was a little late, but not nearly as late as yesterday.

It might be just as well that I did walk. Clouds started to gather somewhere around 6PM. By 6:30, we were in the midst of a knock-down, drag-out storm. Our lights blinked, and while the computers remained up and running, our debit/credit card system did briefly go offline. Other than that, there were no major problems. The storm timed itself just right. I was walking out the door just as the last sprinkles of rain were reflecting the setting sun.

No comments: