Friday, October 23, 2009

Emma at Home

As I mentioned above, I spent the day at home, mostly doing job research. This time, I actually did research. I went through a couple of NJ Employment websites. Posted a resume on the official state employment site. I don't know if it'll help, but it's something. I have yet to receive a legit job offer online. They're always mass mailings for some random insurance or human relations office that has nothing to do with what I'm interested in.

It was relatively sunny when I got up this morning, but the sun disappeared relatively early. I found myself walking into a cloudy, damp, cool day when I went out for a quick stroll around 2:30-quarter of 3. I found myself dodging kids coming out of the Oaklyn Public School as it finished for the day.

It started sprinkling lightly as I jumped on my bike and headed for work. It must have rained while I was in there; the streets were wet when I came out. Thankfully, I got home dry, though.

Work was a pain in the rear. We didn't have enough help. There weren't even any call-outs. They just hadn't scheduled enough people to work the front end. Thankfully, by the end of the night, it had slowed down enough for me to spend the last hour of my shift doing returns.

No comments: