Thursday, October 01, 2009

Good News Balance

The first words I heard when I turned on the radio this morning were "...and the Phils won the NL East for the third year in a row!"

I knew it was going to be a good day.

The second piece of good news came about a half-hour later, as I was getting dressed for yoga class. My sister Rose finally called me back, after I left two calls (one when she was about to take a nap) this weekend. Her big news? She and her boyfriend Craig are having a baby. I'm going to be an aunt again! I'm so excited!

Yoga class was neither too full (there were 7 people there with the teacher, Karin) nor too difficult. In honor of the chilly morning, it was mostly back stretches, standing poses, and "heart warmers." In fact, a lot of it was meditating. I can handle that.

Made a quick stop at the Collingswood WaWa for water after class, then rode home. There was mail for me in the mailbox when I arrived. Much to my surprise, it was a check from Cape Counseling in Cape May County for $21. I haven't gone there since December 2005, about a month before I moved. I have no idea what the money's for. Oh well. Extra money is extra money.

I got a lot done late this morning and early this afternoon. I put up the Halloween decorations. I brought out the winter clothes. I covered the air conditioner. I baked carrot muffins from a recipe in one of my British baking books. I did the budget.

Work was steady, probably because it's the beginning of the month. Though I heard other cashiers complain about rude customers, I didn't have any problems. I was in on time, and my relief arrived when he was supposed to.

No comments: