Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'm So Tired

Yeah, I know, not creative, but I am. For one thing, I got up early this morning to make this week's farm market/yard sale run. I got to hear the American Top 40 re-run, too. We went back a bit in the 80s to mid-September 1981. Among the hits that week were "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield, "Queen of Hearts" by Juice Newton, "Arthur's Theme (The Best That You Can Do)" by Christopher Cross, and that week's big #1 hit, the romantic ballad "Endless Love" by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie.

Not only were there a lot more yard sales this week, but I did much better with shopping. I picked up three records (two early Rod Stewart and the original 60s soundtrack for A Charlie Brown Christmas) at a sale in Collingswood on Park Avenue.

Made my best finds at the Oaklyn Library's annual fall Book Sale and Flea Market. I bought some really great things there last year, and I wasn't disappointed. I picked up four videos to dub for a dollar from one seller...then grabbed a pile more for free from the Library, which is clearing out its huge VHS collection! My favorite discovery was Mother Wore Tights. My mother loves this movie, one of Betty Grable's most popular vehicles. Grable and Dan Dailey play married vaudevillians who raise two daughters while continuing to perform on the road. I've never seen it, and it's not on DVD. (In fact, the only Grable movie I have is The Dolly Sisters.)

I didn't get as much at the Farm Market. I didn't need much this week, probably because I didn't eat at home that much. Peaches and grapes are gone, which meant I needed another fruit to go with the apples. I ended up with the loveliest small Bartlett pears, just the right size to tuck in my lunch bag for work. Also bought leeks and romaine lettuce.

Helped that it was really nice out today, too. The clouds were off and on, but it was still cool, barely into the 70s, very windy, and dry. It felt so very, very nice to be running around in light pants and a sweater after a hot, humid summer!

Spent the rest of a quiet afternoon at my apartment, dubbing Perfect Strangers episodes and getting the next round of tapes to dub organized. I now have plenty to transfer to DVD for a while! ;)

Work was tiring. I'm worn out from a very long and exhausting week, and by the time I finished, I was barely coherent. Thankfully, it wasn't as busy as yesterday, and we had more help this time.

No comments: