Thursday, September 22, 2011

Working Late

I didn't really do much today. I spent most of the morning nursing my foot and messing around online. I baked chocolate chip cookies and dubbed Perfect Strangers episodes in the afternoon. I'm trying to figure out how to market my idea of becoming a virtual assistant and doing online filing and secretarial stuff. I'm not very good at selling anything, let alone my own abilities. I don't know what to write on the advertisement. I'm so nervous about the whole thing. I want to do it, but I'm scared. The only person I know who has run her own business is Mom, and she took over the small yacht-cleaning business she had in the late 80s-early 90s from another person.

It doesn't help that things haven't been going well lately in general. My foot's hurt; if it doesn't start feeling better soon, I'm going to have to see a doctor. I haven't been able to do all of the fun things I did last year. I want so badly to get away from the Acme, but I feel trapped in a job I can't stand.

I'm not crazy about working really late. I get a lot of grouchy people, and I end up spending a lot of time standing around. At least they had new candy to shelve. A co-worker drove me home. (And thank goodness the store is only open until 11 now. They were open until midnight when I first moved here.)

No comments: