Thursday, September 01, 2011

Baker's Balance

Started off a lovely day with yoga. Karin went on vacation, so Micki took over a surprisingly small class. I figured everyone would want to take class before the holiday weekend, but I guess a lot of people already left. We worked on hip openers and standing poses. My knee's been pretty sore lately, though, so I didn't do a lot of this easily. I guess I must have pulled a muscle at work.

The Collingswood Library was a little busier than the Haddon Township Library on Tuesday. There were some DVDs to return, and more kept coming in. The shelves needed to be organized rather badly as well.

Went straight home after I finished. I spent the rest of the afternoon at my place. I did things online. I baked Chocolate Brownie Cookies, inspired by the soft, dark chocolate-chocolate chip cookies I sold at work. I used a slightly revised version of a Fudgy Brownie recipe. They came out very well, very moist and rich.

Ran Danger Mouse for a lot of the afternoon. The show just keeps getting weirder and weirder. One episode had Penfold's aunt inadvertently rescue the duo from a group of ant natives who want to sacrifice Penfold to their gods. Another had a villain transfer the two, the top of Big Ben, and a heard of elephants to...literally nowhere. A vacuum. (Also known as "The BBC must have cut the budget again.") Still another has Baron Greenback use pillows filled with sneezing powder and a microchip to overcome the duo and try to take over the world.

I wish I'd stayed with Danger Mouse. Strange world domination plots beats the heck out of handling obnoxious beginning-of-the-month people. One couple fussed at me when they didn't realize they couldn't pay for their pre-cooked fried chicken with their food stamp card. An older woman threw a fit when she thought a cantaloupe was 99 cents. It wasn't, of course, but I gave it to her anyway because it was better than arguing with her. I hate arguing with people. It only causes trouble and makes people angry with you.

No comments: