Friday, September 02, 2011

Moving Forward

Unlike the mess last Friday, I'm pretty happy with myself right now. For one thing, I donated the other half of the videos I'm getting rid of to the Oaklyn Library for their Book Sale and Flea Market on the 17th. I also got a lot done there. Organized the DVDs, then shelved and organized lots of kids' books.

Went home right after I finished and did more organizing in the Back Room, which is my equivalent of most people's attics or basements. I pulled out more electronics I don't need and probably won't need - a wired phone and answering machine (my current phone has a built-in machine and is wireless), the 80s Nintendo and its accessories that never really worked anyway, the A Drive, and the Zip drive. I'll leave them all on the curb tomorrow. I moved the box with the Star Wars action figures I didn't put on my display shelf in with the other doll boxes, then put the two large shaped cake pans and the container with the 100 plastic cookie cutters where the box was. The box with the Christmas cards was moved in with the other holiday wrapping items.

After that, I went briefly on the computer and updated the list of things to do I made last spring. First of all, removing the old TV and computer last month has inspired me to clear out anything I really and truly don't use anymore. In addition to organizing the back room, I'd like to go through my closets this fall as well and see what I can do to better-organize those. I want to buy boxes for the CDs and move them from the crates, which will be used for records. Home-made DVDs will go in CD books. Commercial DVDs will stay where they are for the time being. They don't take up quite as much room. I need a better shelf for books and games than the plastic one in the living room, too. Also want to clear out as many videos as possible that can be replaced or dubbed, because those DO take up room.

I need to start working towards starting a business, too. I want some income away from the Acme. The trouble is, I have no idea what I really want to do. Something with organizing and writing, but what? And then I have to advertise it. We'll continue to work on that.

I had a quick lunch while watching the last of Danger Mouse. The final episode of that series was one of the most bizarre in a series noted for its crazy plots. A white planet wants to use the Milky Way Galaxy for an out-of-this-world game of billiards...and Earth is next! Can Danger Mouse and Penfold find a very fast and sensible way to save the planet?

Thank heavens work was a lot less crazy than it was last Friday! It was on-and-off busy, nothing too horrible. In fact, I figured it would be a lot worse. I guess everyone went down to the Shore already. I restocked candy between customers.

My shopping trip afterwards was quick. I mostly just needed to grab more baking items - whole wheat flour, corn meal, and canola oil. Also needed yogurt, ground chicken (they didn't have any last week, and it was on sale), and lemon juice.

And I'm very happy with my schedule next week. I only work until 5:30 on Sunday and 7 on Monday, then I'm off Tuesday, and Wednesday will be the start of my second vacation week! I'll be spending Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday in Cape May County with Mom, Dad, and Keefe, then doing things in the area and around the apartment on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I can't wait! I really need the time off.

No comments: