Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Listen to the Band

Started out a lovely, sunny late summer day with a run to the Haddon Township Library. I wanted to get at least one library session in, and there were more videos to donate. There weren't many DVDs to shelve today, but I did put away a ton of children's books. Just Easy Readers that needed to be put away took up a whole shelf on the cart.

My feet are still really sore. I think I pulled a muscle. I made a quick stop at Super Fresh for sugar, then went a few doors down in the Westmont Plaza to the Bagel Shop for lunch. I wasn't that hungry and kept it very simple, just a bagel with avocado spread and tomatoes and some water. It was almost 2 by then, so it was just me, one other guy, and the soaps on ABC. I ate my bagel quickly and rode straight home.

Spent the rest of the afternoon at my apartment, working on things online and dubbing more videos. Today, I concentrated on transferring the two Monkees tapes Lauren sent me in late 2004. The first tapes have the biographical movie VH1 made in 2000, Daydream Believers: The Monkees Story, Head, and the E! Hollywood Story and VH1: Behind the Music on the group. There was also some random concert footage from 1997 and 1986 on the end of the tape, along with a Mike Nesmith interview on Good Morning America from 1996.

Right now, I'm dubbing the Monkees' 2000 Concert in Anaheim that featured Micky, Peter, and Davy. There's a series of music videos the guys did for their 1996 album JustUs that I want to transfer on this tape, too.

No comments: