Sunday, October 09, 2011

No Winged Victory

I slept until 10:30 and thus, didn't get to my apples and cinnamon pancakes until more than an hour later. Brunch With the Beatles was honoring John Lennon with some of his best songs. Among the Lennon solo tunes were "Whatever Gets You Through the Night," "Woman," and "Just Like Starting Over." Lennon's songs with the Beatles included "Strawberry Fields Forever," "Revolution," "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away," "No Reply," "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)," "Ticket to Ride," "Come Together," and the early "Ain't She Sweet."

It was nearly 1 before I got over to Uncle Ken's to visit the family for an hour before work. Though Dad and Jodie are away, there was still quite a crowd there. Most of Dolores' children and grandchildren were there when I came. Samantha, David, and their brood showed up later. I left just as Dolores and the kids were starting to make ice cream.

Not surprisingly, on such a gorgeous day, the Acme was dead all evening. We had plenty of help and no problems whatsoever. I grabbed a few things I didn't get on Friday on my way out - lemon juice, whole wheat flour, yogurt, more of those new Nestle Dark Chocolate chips on sale, and the last discounted Duracell hard drive.

Called Mom when I got in. Mom was just washing the dishes from dinner. She was in a much better mood than last week, partially because of the improved weather. She confirmed my suspicions as to why the Acme was so quiet. Everyone is in Cape May County for Columbus Day Weekend! Mom said it was packed when she went for a walk in Cape May yesterday.

And alas, the Eagles did lose to the Bills, 31-24.

No comments: