Sunday, October 23, 2011

Rock and Roll Music

It was almost 10 when I opened my eyes this morning, and past 10:30 when I finally rolled out of bed. I made Cocoa Chocolate Chip Pancakes and listened to Brunch With the Beatles. "Rock and Roll Music" was the theme today. Among the unvarnished, gritty, upbeat sounds heard were "Back In the USSR," "Revolution," "Come Together," "Get Back," and the covers "Rock and Roll Music," "Twist and Shout," "Dizzy Miss Lizzy," and "Roll Over Beethoven."

I tried to call Mom, but I got the answering machine. I spent the rest of the early afternoon after the Beatles working on adding records to the Holiday Music Inventory. For some reason, I had to re-download Comcast's software, too. They wouldn't let me online until I did!

It was a gorgeous day when I headed for work. The sun was out, but it was neither too warm nor as windy as the last few days. In fact, it was just about perfect for Southern New Jersey in late October. That may be one of the reasons why we were on-and-off busy but not nearly as bad as Sundays usually are in October. The Eagles being off this week probably helped, too. I was in and out quickly and with no real problems.

When I got home, I put on one of my instrumental jazz records and tossed some leftover vegetables together with home-made chicken stock and a pack of flounder I meant to make the other day and didn't get a chance to. I finally got a hold of Mom while it was cooking. She sounded a little tired but said she was fine. Keefe was the only one home; Dad had gone out fishing. I told her about getting my foot looked at and about how frustrated and tired I am. I haven't been writing anything. Lauren says it's just a slump, but it's been a couple years since I've done any real writing. I don't know what's wrong with me. I get ideas, but they never make it to paper, or I never finish them. Mom says that it's easiest to write what I know, and that I have to make an effort to sell them. That's not easy for me. I'm nervous about the rejection, where to send them, how to do it, and how I'm supposed to sell it.

No comments: