Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Berry Big Rain Storm

Since I didn't have a lot of plans for today, I opted to sleep in. I ran the 2003 Strawberry Shortcake DVD Berry Blossom Festival, which I found at the Haddon Township Library's book sale shelves yesterday. In the first story, Raspberry Torte gets upset when she has to practice manners for the Berry Blossom Festival's tea party. She doesn't think that manners matter...until Strawberry invites her to two very different parties to prove that it is important to be polite and considerate of others. The Purple Pieman and Sour Grapes turn up in the second story in an attempt to win the Queen of the Berry Blossom Festival crown. Despite their cheating at every turn, the kids know that it takes more than a lot of brains or strength to make a real leader. (And I don't think I'm going to keep the DVD. No wonder the library got rid of it - the beginning and ending skipped like crazy.)

Spent most of the morning and early afternoon taking a look at my new laptop. I never knew there were so many apps out there. I don't think I even scraped the surface this morning. I took a look at some of the apps that came with my computer, including iCookbook (I may have to make those Rocky Road Brownies when  Mother Nature cools off a bit) and I Heart Radio. I looked at even more on Microsoft's main site. I'll look at even more over the next few weeks.

I got off with just enough time to have fried eggs for lunch and run a summer-themed Sailor Moon episode from the third season. While Serena and the other girls ogle hot guys on the beach, Serena's little brother Sammy ogles Amy. Tiger's Eye is determined to get Amy's dreams, even if he has to hurt Sammy to do it.

Work was quiet, much quieter than yesterday. It was once again hot, sunny, and steamy for most of the day. No one wants to shop in that. Besides, it's the middle of the week and the week before a major holiday and the beginning of the month. There were a few annoying customers, especially early on. Otherwise, there were no problems. I even got to help one of the new cashiers that just started today.

The clouds popped up around 7:30 this time. By the end of my shift at 9, we were once again in a full-blown storm. Thankfully, it started slowing down only a few minutes after I got outside. Though the thunder and lightning continued, the rain stopped long enough for me to make it home with only my sneakers wet after I stepped in a puddle.

No comments: