Thursday, June 27, 2013

Farewell to Miss Victory and the English Refugee

Yup, after at least five years of speculation, Molly and Emily are finally being archived from American Girl. I feel a bit bittersweet. On one hand, Molly is the last of the original three American Girl dolls. (Samantha was retired in 2008, Kirsten in 2009). On the other hand, my sweet Molly is my favorite of the three dolls I got from Jessa during the summer of 2009. I found her stories to be a little dull as a kid. I enjoy them far more now that I'm into Molly's home front time period.

Thankfully, unlike Felicity and Samantha, I have most of the things I want for her. I do want her basic hat/purse/hankie accessories package (Jessa's was in lousy shape) and maybe one or two outfits that were originally her friend Emily's. (Em's purple Holiday Outfit may make a nice Easter outfit for my modern doll Jessa.) Otherwise, I'm all set.

No comments: