Sunday, October 05, 2014

Eagles Fly, Even When They Fumble

I got up at 7:30, looked at my alarm clock, closed my eyes...and opened them at 8:30. Not a good thing, since I worked at 10 today. Not to mention, work was crazy up for most of the day. The Eagles played at 1, we're still on the beginning of the month, and many people who work during the week can't shop any day but Sunday. I was thankful when my relief came in and I was able to get out on time.

When I got home, I changed, then decided to try something while listening to the end of the Eagles-Rams game. During October and November, the Acme sells these huge, soft Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Cookies. I eyed them at work, but they're expensive, and really, a little too big. I thought I could make something similar at home. I used a Duncan Hines French Vanilla Cake Mix that was on sale and made Pumpkin Vanilla Chocolate-Chip Cookies. Yuuummmm. Oh boy, did they come out good, nice and soft and the perfect blend of smooth vanilla and rich, dark chocolate.

As for the game, the Eagles apparently dominated the Rams during the first half. Unfortunately, by the time I was listening, they were making a lot of big mistakes. A fumble from Nick Foles in the third quarter ended up in the Rams' hands. Though they would catch up, they didn't quite get past the Eagles, who finally held them off 34 to 28.

I hit the bath as soon as the cookies were out of the oven. That was just what the doctor ordered. It was so relaxing. I kicked back in the lavender-infused water, going over my Christmas With Southern Living books to get ideas for food gifts and listening to jazz.

When I got out, I continued my quiet night. Had the Gingerbread Pancakes I didn't have time for this morning, along with green grapes, while I listened to one of my Nat King Cole albums, A Blossom Fell.

No comments: