Monday, October 20, 2014

Cold Monday

My apartment was freezing when I awoke this morning! I didn't really want to get out of bed, but I had late morning work. I warmed up with oatmeal and Cranberry Flummery while watching the Bowery Boys. They're Trouble Makers when they witness a murder in a high-rise hotel via telescope, but no one believes them, not even their cop buddy Gabe. After meeting the deceased's daughter in the morgue, she gets them jobs as belhops so they can continue their investigation.

Work was actually pretty boring for at least five of the seven hours I worked today. In fact, I spent a lot of the early afternoon doing returns. It did start to pick up during rush hour...to the point where I had a line down the aisle by 6:30 and no relief. The manager originally wanted me to just close. I would have been there forever! She finally sent in one of the college boys who stocks shelves.

When I got home, I had leftover broccoli and the last of the hamburger pie for dinner while watching more Toy Story shorts. When Barbie and Ken's "Hawaiian Vacation" is cut short by a blizzard, the rest of their friends try to create a tropical resort for them right in their human Bonnie's room.

A trip to a local fast food restaurant results in Bonnie accidentally leaving Buzz in the playground in "Small Fry." She takes home the Happy Meal version of Buzz instead. This mini-Buzz was originally a display toy and desperately wants to be played with. While the real Buzz finds himself in a support group of discarded Happy Meal toys, the others try to figure out how to get mini-Buzz to tell them where big Buzz is.

No comments: