Saturday, November 14, 2015

Seasons of Wind

Started a beautiful, sunny, very windy morning with breakfast and Winnie the Pooh: Seasons of Giving. Fall and winter are busy seasons at the Hundred Acre Woods. Rabbit loses his calendar pages, making the others think it's Groundhog's Day. They recruit Piglet to tell them when spring is. The second segment has the gang gathering to celebrate a wonderful Thanksgiving of honey and haycorns. Rabbit insists that this isn't how Thanksgiving is and sends them all after more "traditional" holiday food. It's Pooh who finally reminds the fussy bunny that Thanksgiving is about a lot more than tradition. Rabbit is also in the spotlight in the third segment. He rescues a little girl bird he names Kessie and raises her, but has a hard time letting go when she desires to fly south for the winter.

Headed out to the Collingswood Farm Market around 10, after a quick stop at a very busy WaWa across the street to use the ATM. Today was the second-to-last farm market of the year. There's now far more craft booths than there are food booths. Even the dairy booth was gone. It's probably just as well that I didn't need much anyway. I just picked up cranberries, small Gala apples, and the smallest cauliflower I could find. (I like cauliflower, but most of the non-organic ones I see are way too big for a one-person household.)

I'd seen bright pink signs for a small craft fair on East Cedar Avenue while running to Haddonfield on Wednesday. Turns out it was at the same church where I attended the very small craft fair last December. They had more tables this time, but they also had higher prices. Most of the items were either knitted and crocheted things I could make myself, or jewelry that I couldn't afford. I did buy a brownie from the bake sale.

As soon as I got home, I put the food away, then went right into writing. Betty has thrown herself into working on re-writing the play to fit Hilary's specifics. Hilary comes upstairs to get her script and tell her it's time for lunch. Betty asks her why she treats her like nobility, even though she isn't. Guardians are highly respected, Hilary explains. Hilary herself, however, doesn't want to end up like her father and Giels Aldrych. Giels had been the previous Water Guardian, and he and her father were outspoken Rebels. Both men were killed in a suspicious carriage accident that was more likely the work of the Shadow Realm.

I had lunch while finishing out Seasons of Giving. It ended just in time for me to dodge the raging wind and head to work. Work was once again quiet when I came in and quiet when I left. It was busy during rush hour, but it actually could have been worse. Some people may be waiting for tomorrow or when we get closer to Thanksgiving. At any rate, there were no major problems, and I was in and out.

No comments: