Sunday, June 12, 2016

Windy Dolls

I was so happy to begin a beautiful day quietly, reading The Secret Garden and writing in my journal. I made Peaches and Cream Pancakes for breakfast with a peach that was going bad while listening to the soundtrack from The Muppet Movie. I'm really happy with how the pancakes came out. They the batter was thin (I think I overdid the milk), but they cooked perfectly.

After I ate, I finally got around to changing the American Girl dolls. I've been meaning to do it for weeks and just haven't gotten around to it. Jessa wears the Rainbow Romper from Julie's friend Ivy's collection and the purple jelly sandals that go with the 90's Birthday Outfit. Sam is in (Rebecca's) Lace Dress with the matching shoes and the cute straw hat with the pink and white striped ribbon and the flower from her Hair Styling Set. Josefina's sporting one of her loveliest limited edition sets, the Weaving Outfit with her tan moccasins, rebozo, and purse. Molly's in a hand-made version of her extremely hard-to-find Victory Garden Dress I found on eBay. Went with (Kit's) Yellow Floral Dress for Whitney, with the yellow t-strap shoes from her Scooter Dress and the knee-high socks from her School Outfit. Finally changed Felicity in a blue-and-white floral dress I found at a booth at the Hamilton Mall five or six years ago.

Spent most of the rest of the afternoon working on my story. I'm pretty much totally re-writing the opening. Dr. Bail Organya was murdered in Guatemala while searching for the Swords of the Guardians that once belonged to the rulers of an ancient Central American kingdom. Newly-minted archaeologist Leia Skylark and her boss Dr. Marta Mothma think he was onto something big, but both his find and his research disappeared after his death. General Pietr Tarkin turned up with one of the Swords shortly after. Neither woman believe this to be coincidence...especially after Leia learns that her father sent her the research before Tarkin and Derek Vader, the head of Dark Star Industries, could get their hands on it.

I broke for lunch and to run errands around 2. It was an absolutely gorgeous day for a walk to Family Dollar. It was hot, probably into the upper 80's, and the wind that whistled through the trees was quite warm. A lack of humidity made the temperatures far more tolerable, and the wind really rather felt nice. It's gorgeous in the neighborhood now. The leaves on the trees are at their full maturity. Roses and tiger lilies brighten every garden.

Family Dollar was, surprisingly, kind of busy when I arrived. I bought what I was there for - duct tape. I've been meaning to pick it up for ages, but either they didn't have it, or I'd forget it. Also bought ground cinnamon (I forgot to get it at the Acme yesterday).

Returned to writing after I got in. I finally got up for a stretch, a chicken salad dinner, and to play more video games. Both the "Battle of Kashyaak" and "Jedi Temple" levels in Lego Star Wars were hard. I still can't master that damn Jedi double jump! It made hopping from platform to platform in the Jedi Archives a pain. I hope I have more luck with Anakin and Obi-Wan's big duel in the next round.

No comments: