Thursday, June 30, 2016

Front and Back at Odds

Started the day with my only early work shift this week. Good thing it was gorgeous again, warm and dry and breezy. I was outside for three of the six hours I worked. I also did some returns in the morning. I did briefly get stuck in the register later in the afternoon when the people let out early for the holiday weekend started arriving, but I mostly bagged.

I do wish the front end and the stocking and bagging people would coordinate a little better. No one up front has any idea where anything in the back is or how it works, and no one in the back knows much about prices or how the front end runs. It's frustrating for people who work in both places. Often, I'll ask two or three different people where something is and get two or three different responses. And they all complain about each other.

When I finally made it home, I got right on the computer. Leia calls UCLA to wire for the money to pay Harry Solomon. Dr. Mothma's thinks Leia is crazy, but she's determined to get the Sword of Light before Vader and Tarkin use it for their cannon.

Leia goes to the bar next-door to the hangar for lunch. While she eats, she overhears a conversation between Han and an Italian man who seems to be threatening to take his plane and turn him over to his lady boss. The altercation ends with Han shooting the man, to Leia's shock. (Yes, he shot first.)

Finished the night with a nice, simple dinner. I made a quick chicken salad over a bed of farm-fresh romaine lettuce, scallions, and radishes. Tasty and filling. I started Spectre, but it's a long movie, and I didn't get a chance to finish it before I went online. I'll do it tomorrow.

No comments: